Thursday, March 8

LIFE AND THE SOKOL


life and death
what you know, and what you don’t

tears and sweets. Old stories. New stories. Things
I’ve said. Things I should repeat, in the hope
I’d say it better

questions I never answered: Who is Boe an Fop’h? Who made his
self-portrait? Was that really scotch tape or
did I create the whole thing in Photo
shop? What about the
TRANSMUTATION picture? Last
week, I took a shot of a few dried golden raisins. Yesterday
I mixed it with another picture I made two
weeks ago: buckwheat

why did I mix them? Why did I do that? Now why do I
write about it here? Why do I do what I do? What did
I do last year, and
what will I be doing next year? According
to my own theory, NOW is only YESTERDAY
written on top of TOMORROW… but isn
t that what everybody believes?

…yesterday, I played NARDI. It’s a variation of
backgammon, a better game in my opinion. One
day I shall write down the rules, and post
them here. I won five games in a row. My luckfield was UP

…yesterday, I went swimming. ARM-ARM-ARM, BREATHE, that’s
crawl. Because I ate before the pool, I couldn’t breathe
well, so I swallowed some chlorinated water

I wish I lived in the desert, in an oasis. Maybe one day I’ll
walk until I find one, then live there for a while, and swim in fresh water

when I came home, the cat sniffed my nose for at least a
minute long. “Oh, it’s that once-a-week funny smell he
has” she must be thinking

on January 18th, I saw sparrows in a tree. “I wonder
what it’s like to think like a sparrow” I thought to
myself. Branches all around. You-brother birds. You-sister
birds. “It’s us! it’s us! We’re here! we’re here!”

“…they always come back to that tree” told me the friend who
lives there. “From those branches, they can keep a watch on both
the sky and the ground.
-An eye open for the cats. Yes. But why the sky?
-Because of the SOKOL” said my friend. The sparrow hawk

I didn’t know there were sparrow hawks in the city

…birds: their talk must be sort of a low resolution picture
of their surroundings. “Safe, safe, safe place here, here, here
oh! food? food? yes-food, food, hungry, hunger, hunger…
…co
cold
cold
cold. Here. Here. Here. Us. Us. Us.” I remember reading about a
man who studied parrot-talk for over twenty years, and his
conclusion was this: THEY TALK A LOT, AND MOSTLY THEY TALK ABOUT
GOD, AND LIFE AND DEATH

::: ::: :::

[Picture: Bloggers by reading_is_dangerous]

1 comment:

  1. again me. u undertand i'm reading from the older ones to the newer. (although this will not mean anything if i write â comment on the next blog)(i wont).

    don't ask the questions u asked in the beginning of this blog loudly:
    1. u scare those who loves u;
    2. u give strength to those who can't understand u;
    3. u sound or too pragmatic or too repetitive: i know u ask this questions to yourself in 'every room'.

    ReplyDelete