Thursday, March 1

THE CURSE OF THE BLUE LYCANTHROPE


I found an Armeno-Esfodi magic book. It’s real, it’s fat, and it’s
called THE THREE
THOUSAND AREAS. It teaches some cool stuff like how
to
levitate safely without a rope (p.74), how to fly (p. 832), how
to teleport yourself without leaving your fillings behind
(p. 1909), and how
to be in two or three different places at the same time
(p. 3444)

at first I considered learning how
to fly at night above
waters [slow] (p. 960) which seemed
easier than the rest, but the thought of crossing the Atlantic Ocean or the Sea of
Saints alone, under the countless stars, a few feet only above darkish waters… a prey for any creature attracted by magic-that forced me to reconsider. So I tried how
to be in
two different places on the 28th of February (p. 4298)

that was yesterday (it feels like
many miles ago). It didn’t work, “because you
already are in two different places at the same time” told me a laughing Boe an Fop’h
after my attempt. Boe is the famous po-warrior with whom I travel in a paint-room
balloon, going to the Electric desert. Said the po-warrior: “Most people don’t realize it, but
they often are in two different places at the same time. People like you don’t need that spell.
-Okay, but why didn’t you tell me? I asked him.
-You wouldn’t have believed me.
-Okay, but you could have tried to convince me?
-There was another reason. We were flying above the dangerous
Forest of Cheux, and the best way to keep us safe was to let you
focus on that harmless magic.
-Okay, but what’s with the dangerous forest?
-It’s home to the dangerous Blue Lycanthrope.
-Okay, but what about him?”

in a few words the po-warrior told me about the Curse of the Blue
Lycanthrope. Strangely enough, I cannot remember it, except for this:

“...sticky light”
“...there isn’t a single non-mysterious thing in the whole Universe”
and
“...always pretend you are not alone”

whatever. That inspired me a painting, a rather clumsy one with a wulf who doesn't seem very dangerous. I'll give it to you. You might be able to
imagine something out of it

::: ::: :::

[Picture: In the Forest of Cheux by reading_is_dangerous]

The little girl I danced with earlier this year round the Christmas tree visited me today. She’s two and a half years old. “What do you see?” I asked, showing her the above picture. “Trees” she answered without a blink. “Okay,” I said, “but what else?
-Snow, she said.
-Okay, and what else?
-More snow.
-Okay, but what’s this? I asked her, pointing at the blue dog.
-Oh! she said. That’s a sea shell.”

No comments:

Post a Comment