Sunday, March 25

THE ANTI-QUEEN


for every particle there is an anti-particle. For every thought, an
anti-thought. For each of me, an anti-me

and for every word, an anti-word. That list goes on. There is even an
anti-list. An anti-thing for every thing. An anti-nothing that embraces nothing

so my next move, you see? My next move will destroy that annoying symmetry

::: ::: :::

[Picture: The Anti-Queen by reading_is_dangerous]

The first book I read on chess was My System by Aron Nimzowitsch. A Jew born in Riga, he lived in Germany for twenty years and published his book in 1925, the same year as tome I of Mein Kampf. Nimzowitsch is considered one of the most influential players and writers in chess history. He did not like symmetrical positions. His system is great and crazy.

Modern Ideas In Chess by Richard Reti is very short, very strong, and very interesting. Published in 1922!

To learn how to play, I recommend:
Concise Chess: The Compact Guide for Beginners by British chess grandmaster John Emms. Everything you need to know, and a little bit more (2003).

No comments:

Post a Comment