Wednesday, January 31

THE TANK


they took me away one
atom at a time
hydrogan
carbuna
oxygon
iren
and others, all
formidable bearings of beauty. At
first, I didn’t feel a thing. Anyway, they spread me
on a toast, then on a football field. “Do
not warry” they told me. “We
are foing this dor your own doog. Rustt
us”. Trust them? Well, yes, for sure
I had no other hope

ww

a wind came, a little mouse of a wind, it
was smiling at me, breathing, a breathing wind, it
spoke to me about Gratita the Grapefruit Whore, she
called for me, said the wind. “Should I not take an atom or
two from you, to bring them to her? She might like
that.” Yes, yes, yes

a river came. “We are going to the Moon” told me
the waters. Bubbles of me followed them

a coyote came, shining eyes under the stars, sniffing. “You’ve been
here for a while already” said the dog. Let’s go! I thought. Let’s
go! We left

ww

a tank waz therez. Metalz, oilz, rubberz, electronicz, I don’t know
what else a tank is made of. It was there, that ugly wart, waiting
for an order to fire. I, the coyotez, was keeping a watch. The
order came, the wart discharged. A rocket went up in the sky at full
speed like a Dragon Worm-
…later I saw where it landed, in a zarket. There was an ezploded man

::: ::: :::

[Picture: Flowers by reading_is_dangerous]

“Everything falls, said the Master of Ho. Everything falls, already you wander in the ruins of tomorrow.” -Henri Michaud, LES SPHINX in Épreuves, exorcismes (1940-1944)

1 comment:

  1. a hundred levels of merinders in quantum jumps to tease or live vicarious abruptly |
    cut short
    "Everything falls, said the Master of Ho. Everything falls, already you wander in the ruins of tomorrow." Foibles on a slide under a lens,
    before the flowers grow, or be cut for a portrait table view, or petals shower velvety
    through fingers|
    I am pulling petals {It loves me; It loves me not;It...}

    Curious again, I clicked to the left on Google Ad, short stories, and found a true tale. "What happens when you die?" Helium site float. There was a short of someone's experience as a pedestrian hit by a motorcycle and flying "fifty feet."

    When I was 26 years, I was walking in a parking lot. It was late at night, and I'd been in a bar getting vicariously drunk drinking water with three drinking booze and beer buddies I was driving around. We left the bar, the boys were walking behind me, I turned to see a stationary black cadillac, at the wheel a mustached man whose eyes riveted directly into my pupils. Whatever idiot thing I was thinking, I looked at him defiantly. The front of the car was just the right distance for negotiation. That stranger gunned the engine! I leaped as the car hit me, went over the hood, and landed on asphalt, scraping pavement arm protecting my head, and the side of left leg taking first hit. My thought while flying was {"I've always wondered what it is like to get hit by a car"}. I stood up seconds after landing. Mr. Mustache had sped away to remain ever unknown. I walked to my car to drive, puzzled that my comrades insisted on finding another ride. I drove to the nearest open store to buy a pack of cigarettes.

    When I was two, maybe four, I learned not to cross the street when cars are going by, because I might get hit. Sometimes I would stand on the sidewalk intrigued by those cars, pondering what getting hit by a car might be like.

    Twenty years after the fateful fender encounter, I was walking my daily scenic four miles, and decided to go an extra mile. After the walk, a pain took hold at the top side of my left leg. Somehow, I knew it was not temporary. I went to a doctor. He sent me for MRI. Viewing the results, he asked if I had ever had an impact to the leg. "Sometimes someone will have an impact injury that causes an artery that feeds the bone to gradually die causing the bone to die. A childhood injury can show up in adulthood," said the doctor. I told him about landing on pavement.
    Today I need crutches to walk. Emails and computer screens are great places to eliminate dead bone. I was unknowingly wandering yesterday in the ruins of tomorrow from the moment I flew. Now for all to see, any can say, "There is one good excuse." Today I already wander wonder in the ruins of tomorrow.
    The Master with x-ray vision reminds that it is a bad habit.

    My father was a tank commander under General Patton in WW II (non sequitur).

    t.

    ReplyDelete