Tuesday, January 16

BANANA SAUSAGE PLANET REPUBLIC


Monkeys from the You sea sung about a changling-
A President whose room Oval to furnish
A female tiger in heat, in full fury
Was brought with a mare kicking, wildly prancing.

Said the sad Imposter: “To me, ‘tis paramount
To shake the place; ‘tis too old, too shabby…
See! The mare’s anger, I find aphrodisiac…
See! The tigress’ urge might make me clement…

For you monkeys: the smell of fruits tantalizing;
Prospects for peace, yeah! I’ll be fabricating…
For the bodies of our soldiers: a flag, a shroud!
A symbol for the fools, to erect or to grind…

Poverty, despair, violence: I will weave;
The Arm of Justice, I’ll make it a hook
To catch the youth; many battles to engage!”

Monkeys when they heard those words of ill omen
Did not wait; a Group they chose to empower
Acted. By the You sea: monkeys and scimitars!

::: ::: :::

[Picture: Light wound on my thumb by reading_is_dangerous]

The poem above is my entry for this week’s Blogging for Charity’s challenge that required for the 9 following words to be included: chang(e)ling, fury, paramount, aphrodisiac, tantalizing, shroud, weave, engage, and empower. Because I don’t like the number 9, I decided to add the following nine words, all chosen at random in the dictionary, in this order: furnish, prancing, shabby, clement, fabricating, grind, hook, omen, and scimitar.

“Laws are like sausages, it is better not to see them being made.” -Otto von Bismarck. I’d say: Same with poems. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment