Saturday, January 13

ILL


tonight I w
ill wear a shadow
I’ll take my special w
alking stick w
ith a silver blade at one end
then I w
ill go deep in the desert
searching for the rock slug
that creeps you out
I hear
my dear
Jamahara

the slug is black like the inside of an ant at night-
it’s w
eightless like the ghost of a fallen leaf-
it craw
ls as fast as a snake coming dow
n the prunes trees-
it’s hungry like the rooms of a quick grow
ing hospital-
it’s hard to find and dangerous, but I w
ill kill it

you’ll see its body
in the coming days, some little thing
dark in color, and useless;
throw it aw
ay

::: ::: :::

[Picture: luttes by reading_is_dangerous]

1 comment:

  1. This entry was originally posted elsewhere. There were two comments:

    1. Anonymous said...

    This is beautiful. If I were Jamahara I would feel very comforted. In fact I feel comforted anyway. This one is powerful and good. Strong.
    de
    January 15, 2007 4:37 AM

    ___
    2. pangea said...

    I am comforted.
    I slumber under that prune tree and await patiently the slug hunter
    to scare away any and all
    danger.
    January 19, 2007 10:25 PM

    ReplyDelete