Wednesday, February 21

THE OLD PIECE OF WORD


they said I could go

and come out of that pit where I fell. It was
an almost wordless pit, but it
felt nice for a few days. No words

“sometimes I hate words”

if there is a duality in this word
which is often playing tricks on us, it is this one: words
and things-not-words

whatever. They said I could go, at last

and come out of that pit where I fell. It was
an almost wordless pit, but I
did find something of a word in there. It was
an old piece of word. Maybe it
was missing a letter. I can’t
tell if it was HELL
or HELLO. I wonder who used it last before
me?

::: ::: :::

[Picture: La plus légère vérité par reading_is_dangerous (Jan18., 2007)]

I recommend: Why I Write by George Orwell. Great little book.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you found renewal in the wordless pit. I'm glad you found my piece of "HELL" O. ~.~

    ReplyDelete