Wednesday, February 7

EXERCICE


Oliver, that oaf student of mine, rowed my best boat into an oak. I got really angry, and broke an oar on his back. Too bad! I’ve long ago quit being an oarsman. Sports used to be my oasis. Not anymore. I was arrested and sent to court where under oath, I told judge Orlando about what happened. “Do you eat oatmeal every morning?” asked me Oliver’s attorney, meaning: Do you get your oats regularly. “That’s none of your business!” I replied. “Tss-tss! Why such an obdurate refusal to answer the question?” asked me the judge. “Now show obeisance!” added the attorney. His name was Oreo. “Go sit your fat behind on an obelisk!” I told him. That was unfortunate. Oreo was an obese man. Instead, I should have advised him to take up rowing. “YOU WILL OBEY!” he yelled at me, but I yelled back: “I ACCUSE YOU OF OBFUSCATING THE ISSUE! -Do not attempt to change the object of this trial!” intervened the judge. “Objection, your honor!” I exclaimed. “There exists objective knowledge of the facts… See this object d’art…” I said, showing off a little golden trophy. Actually, I felt obligated to bring back the courtroom to its senses. “We’re under no obligation to consider that!” said Oreo, but the judge shamelessly said: “It is obligatory that I get that piece of evidence. -I am much obliged to you,” I told Orlando, handing the trophy over to him. “Not even an oblique reference to any of that is to remain in the minutes of the trial” he said. “Better still, obliterate all documents!” he ordered. “This affair will fall into oblivion,” he predicted. “In my opinion, the good people of our county wish to remain perfectly oblivious of what happened.” Hiding my gold behind an oblong pannel, he said: “I don’t see anything here worthy of a public obloquy. Besides that, Mr. the Attorney, you are an obnoxious man.” Oreo smiled, then asked: “Do you play the oboe, judge Orlando? -Maybe so,” answered the judge, “but your questions are obscene.”

I was found not guilty.

::: ::: :::

[Picture: Exercice by reading_is_dangerous]

No comments:

Post a Comment