Thursday, February 8

MERCHANT


they introduced me to Ky an Vod’h, a merchant of wild
ceramics and ideas. “I had beautiful twin daughters,” told me Ky, “but
I didn’t have enough money to marry them both. I sent one to work as a
prostitute in the city of monias, so she could earn something enough to marry the
other girl.”

him and I together we
went through a bottle of whisky. “Since then, I got
rich” said Ky. “But I’m not doing very well. Won’t you buy all that
sadness that’s inside me?” he asked. “How much?” I
wanted to know

before he could answer my question, he was asleep. Ky was
no less than seven feet tall. He had a beard like the roots of a strong
tree. His left hand was missing. They told me he
sold it (for a
dog, he
loved)

his eyes changed in
color. Cobalt blue a minute, phosphate yellow the next, gazon green when you least
expected it

later I saw his girl in monias. She
was ... and ... but we ... anyway

::: ::: :::

[Picture: Hands by reading_is_dangerous (Feb. 6, 2007)]

No comments:

Post a Comment