Saturday, February 24

BORN ON A CROSS


“…yesterday was only a few minutes ago,” says Boe an Fop’h, the
famous po-warrior, “but already it feels like it is many
miles ago.” He and I are
flying at great altitude in his fantastic
room-painting balloon. “When I paint,” tells me Boe, “I search for a
combination of forms and colors that can carry me away. It can be
symmetrical or not. Most often, it’s not. The colors gain
significance only in relationship one to another. An
individual color does not exist for me.”

…in a recent email, a film-maker asked me to provide him with a
few details about the po-warrior. Well, maybe the first thing to
know is that Boe goes completely naked, thanks to his
extraordinary resistance to any kind of weather. For
instance, earlier we went through a light snow storm and I wore my
tooth-yellow jacket, drinking hot Wulong tea, while he was sitting
next to me, bare-skin, having a beer, and laughing loud. “The
naked truth almost always remains invisible to the human eye”
said Boe. Maybe that explains why his private parts always
remain unseen, no matter what

“What about your wife Rosemarine?” I asked him. “She’s not
human,” said Boe, “and she’s not my wife. But she calls me
her husband, and I don’t mind.
-So who is she? I wanted to know.
-A romantic vampiress born on a Cross.”

…did I say I am afraid of heights? I looked down, and imagined I was
falling. The tea in my belly began to spin. It went faster and faster, until
it rained over the beautiful land of Esfode

::: ::: :::

[Picture: Resurrection pools by reading_is_dangerous]

No comments:

Post a Comment