Saturday, December 8

THE MEASLES OF FEAR


the measles of fear
the mumps of fright

the chickenpox of scare
the whooping cough of dread

the diphtheria of terror
the typhus of alarm

the plague of panic
the tetanus of apprehension…

Sound the siren!
This is cholera

Emptied, the soft cylinder of the stomach
Emptied, the ducts, the bowels

Each day was but a thin little square of paper
on a roll, their life

::: ::: :::

[Picture: Human chicken by reading_is_dangerous]

I just woke up with this idea, to mix two or three randomly chosen lists of words from my Longman’s Lexicon of Contemporary English. For the picture I chose light, gentle colors, but I mistakenly marked it with the 6th of December instead of the 8th.

Last evening a sudden and strong wave of tiredness put me to sleep. This is going to be my first “normal day” in a long time. And it’s a sunny morn!

No comments:

Post a Comment