Tuesday, December 18

IN POMTOM-NAMEE

in Pomtom-Namee,
pondering on what could be
a tale of a green bird and a blue egg
I thought,
“I need a coffee,”
and going to the kitchen I toyed
with these ideas,
“The blue egg is man on earth,
and the green bird is a winged superman
who made it (back) into Paradise,
and the egg’s shell of course is fragile,
but life in heaven is also uncertain, ha! ha!”

I was unhappy with these simple metaphors,
but there was nobody around to help me
to think of something better

in Pomtom-Namee
I had an espresso coffee device;
I wrongly put the coffee
in the water compartment,

and I almost poured the water
in that little cup

where I should instead have put the coffee!

that incident made me think

the bird should be blue,
and the egg green,
so the colors could lead me to a tale
first
of a Man Egg in Eden lush and green,
followed by the story of human beings
coming to life on a blue planet,

and opening their wings:
knowledge and imagination

in Pomtom-Namee
I remembered a famous composer’s saying,
“If a melody is any good,
one should be able to whistle it,”
and, but
I could not decide on any word
to properly finish
this:
“If a story is any good,
one should be able to … it.”

::: ::: :::

[Picture: Ballet by reading_is_dangerous]

No comments:

Post a Comment