Sunday, October 21

THAT SOFA ON TOP OF THAT SOFA


You are the last person to read this. Tonight was tonight. Something came out of my back, and said, “This is not your back anymore.” I went away. I had an umbrella, but it was angry at me. “Why do you…” the umbrella asked me. “Shut up!” I shouted. People stared at us.

I know you think I’m a fool. I smile when I should be eating steak, the steak in my plate, the meat you so kindly grilled for me. I like it rare, with pepper. Pepper ants, pepper fireworks. I like the smell of it, them, us, you. There is no way around it, my nose is a freak for pepper. The other day, the NASA contacted me, they wanted to study my nose. “You guys won’t need that on the Moon,” I said, and that was it.

There is no limit to the speed we could reach if they let me develop my Silence Engine. In deep space, it’s very silent, and an engine that could convert silence into motion would enable us to leave the rest of them crazies here on Earth. I’d bring with me a forest, a swamp, stone elephants and wild roses. Have you ever had tea made with wild roses? The petals, the fruit, both do well.

Crazy Dolly. Remember that song? That must have been a song. I am sure there was a song. I must have heard it when I was a boy, when I was listening to music when I should have been asleep. This morning, I dreamt that I was painting for real, not on the computer like I always do. Vladimir Putin, the Russian president, he came by to look at my works, and he said, “I like that sofa on top of that sofa.

::: ::: :::

[Picture: That sofa on top of that sofa by reading_is_dangerous]

I forgot to say, I forgot to say that today I had my first pomegranate of the season, and it was very sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment