Wednesday, October 17

STEAK, LUCKY, DAY, HAT, METALS

inside of me is all
metal
various metals
happy metals
unhappy metals
strong metals
weak ones
rare ones
and even, radio-active ones.

the heart is the exception, yes
it’s made of steak
it’s a cross between a steak and a single sock
it’s full of
milk,
red milk,
extraordinary milk that sings in the rain,
that watches clouds in the sky
and knows all,
this girl is like this,
this girl is like that,
this woman is being honest,
this woman is a storm,
this storm has been going on for a few days already.

there is lightning,
the climate is changing here,
we see more rain,
more water,
more of everything,
except that I can’t really trust myself,
because I forget a lot,
faces,
features,
names,
the weather,
years,
what day of the week it is.

I remember one day in Tbilisi
as I was walking down the street in Sololaki
I saw a rugged-featured man coming out of a courtyard
and he was old
and he had a long beard
and a cap,
and he asked me,
“friend, what day is it today?”

and I thought,
how lucky,
how great,
how incredible,
how magnificent,
how strong,
how beautiful a man can be
when he can just stand up and ask that question.

how drunk?

well
I’m getting there except for the long beard
and the hat maybe,
I wouldn’t know what kind of hat to wear.

what hat would be proper for a man
whose inside is all metals
except for the heart
a steak
a single sock full of red milk
etc.

::: ::: :::

[Picture: Vendredi by reading_is_dangerous]

1 comment:

  1. Domage, je ne comprend pas l'anglais ... AmitiƩ.

    ReplyDelete