Friday, October 5

DOTS, AND THE LIVING STONE


sometimes I want to say,
“I hate this,”
but I’m trying to stay away from that word,
“hate,”
so I say, I write,
“I dislike this,”
but the meaning or part of the meaning really is,
“I hate this,”
although I didn’t write it,
so the effect on my brain is maybe less,
not as strong as if I wrote,
“I hate this,”
but I’m losing some of the strength of what it was
that I wanted to say.

I do hate a number of things, situations, noises, stupidity,
bad food or food that’s not food, but people pretend it’s food.

I hate it
when I can’t tell somebody
why she should be careful about a certain person,
because I have no right to tell somebody all what I know
about that person.

if I made a list of the different types of questions
a human being has to deal with or could be dealing with,
it might look something like this,

  1. Metaphysics. The why’s and what’s
  2. Laws of the Universe. How everything works or worked or could work
  3. Human life. How we, human beings, should live together
  4. Art. What’s beautiful and what’s not. What’s art, why art, etc.

I’m not saying this list is complete,
or that any given question couldn’t belong to more than one
category, no, but my list helps me think of what it is that I want to
think about.

where would I put history? In section two, I believe

the hardest questions, in my opinion,
have to do with how human beings should live together

unless I remember something wrong,
five thousand children die of hunger (malnutrition) every day,
which is about a million and a half children every year.

I don’t understand how we can tolerate a situation like that,
and I hate it.

I hate that situation,
I hate that we tolerate it.

::: ::: :::

[Picture: Gold atoms? and spontaneous writing
by reading_is_dangerous]

No comments:

Post a Comment