Sunday, May 11

THING, TRIP, MORNING, MOUNTAIN


One thing I discovered over the years is that I am unable to write during the first few days of a trip. For instance, yesterday morning when I left Yerevan I took a picture of Mt. Ararat from the airport, and I spent the whole day in Paris thinking about the words to go with it, but I couldn't find them.

I tried, "In the morning he saw the mountain, and in the afternoon he wondered which of these two things where now farthest from him: The mountain or the morning."

There seemed to be something wrong with that, because the morning is not a thing, and yet it is. In any case, I couldn't post what I wrote yesterday, and I'm only doing it now because many pictures are waiting to be shown.

::: ::: :::

[Picture: Glass by reading_is_dangerous]

6 comments:

  1. Mornings can be things, and Mountains can be events. People are things with internal events.

    Pot-holes in a run-way are an event waiting to happen. Nervous?

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousMay 12, 2008

    This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AnonymousMay 13, 2008

    I'm going to have to quit trying to read you over on Yahoo360: it only lets me read it once, and I can forget about leaving a comment...it will begin showing me all your earlier blogs instead.

    I saw nothing wrong with what you wrote, maybe it was the way it felt at that particular moment?

    I became distracted by all the glass...and the puddles...they borrowed the blue from the sky...

    ReplyDelete
  4. //you will never be able to come back to the same morning or to the same time//

    yes, but I forgot to say what I was talking about a mountain of glass(es).

    About the puddles/pot-holes: I didn't notice them until W. wrote about them. Funny, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  5. AnonymousMay 13, 2008

    This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. AnonymousMay 15, 2008

    In the evening he saw the woman, and he wondered which was closer -- the woman or the sunrise.
    In the mirror he saw the mountain, very close. The woman closer. The sun was not yet rising. Both mornings were far from him.

    Interesting, your wonderings. Profound. Cold yet warm at the same time. You are an interesting thinker.

    I'm curious about the structure in the photo that looks like a giant cactus plant. When it rains, will this building's accordian sides puff out like a cactus will to absorb the rain? :)

    deB

    ReplyDelete