Monday, September 17

THOUSANDS OF METAL WHEELS


I just heard a beautiful sound
That was like a voice from the deep
An extraordinary call

it came from the breaks of a vehicle that stopped
At a red light, below from where I live on the
Fourth floor of an apartment building in Yerevan

there are still a lot of old buses running here, and
Old trucks, and old cars, and their old engines pollute the
Air, and I hate them for so many reasons

the sound that came from the breaks
Reminded me of the day when I traveled by train
From Rome to Sicily, in the spring of 1988

at that place where the carriages went on board of the ferry
Thousands of metal wheels slowly moving on their rails
Made music that was not a song, not a melody

you could have danced to it, although without a rhythm
Except for that of your heart beat, and the sound of your steps
And that of my clapping hands, had I seen you, and dared

::: ::: :::

[Picture: Imaginary girl with a long neck by reading_is_dangerous]

1 comment:

  1. Il y a des lieux que tu décris avec une telle force qu'on a envie d'y aller, comme si la salut de notre âme en dépendait.

    ReplyDelete