Thursday, September 13

ALIVE AND WELL


a dead leaf was on the table, at the outdoor café where
I sat down yesterday for a beer

it was a sycamore leaf, the first victim of the season as
I called it

did the wind leave it there, or the hand of a girl, a
Child?

it surely wasn’t the hand of a grown man,
I thought

that was a funny assumption from a man of thirty-nine years old
Who was sitting with a dead leaf in his hand

I threw it away wishing
I had a camera, but

that was a silly wish. Today I wish
I were a different man

one able to bring that sycamore leaf to you, or the whole tree
If you wanted it

alive
And well

::: ::: :::

[Picture: Captain Sycamore by reading_is_dangerous]

1 comment:

  1. Très belle mise en abîme. Ton dessin est évocateur de la rougeur des feuilles, rougeur qui est curieusement absente des arbres du Québec...

    ReplyDelete