Monday, September 24

DZAYANNN, DZAYANNN, DZAYANNN, Â


I turned a wave into a spaceship
For you and me

it is ready to leave
So please hurry up!

the wave won’t wait much longer
It is anxious to go
As a wave always is
That’s what makes a wave a wave

you should bring a few books with you
The poems you like

me, I will bring the Jew’s harp a friend gave me yesterday

it took me an hour to understand how
To hold it right
Pushing it against the teeth
Closing the lips
And breathing through the reed while
Striking it

last night, at four o’clock
I played what I remembered from a song
Played by an old woman for me
In
Kyrgyzstan, in 1993

with a video camera
I recorded her music
Which I later used in a short documentary film
Together with the pictures of crows
Flying above the Issyk-kul (it’s a big lake in the mountains)

the song begins like this, it sounds like this:
Dzayannn, dzayannn, dzayannn, â…

coincidentally, the harp given to me
Comes from
Bishkek

my friend got it last winter, for me
But he forgot about it until yesterday

the mouth harp is one of the oldest music instruments
Known to us

what are the other ones?
I didn’t research it
But I would bet on the one string guitar
And the empty skull as an early form of the tam tam

bom bom, bôm bôm
Dzayannn, dzayannn, dzayannn, â…

I turned a song, I mean a wave, into a spaceship
For you and me

are we ready to leave yet?
Yes? No! Please hurry up!

pictures from Mars show a forest of tree-like structures
Gigantic ones: They are one kilometer in diameter

if you are not against it
That’s where we’ll be going first

nearby the forest, we’ll park the Wave
And ask it to wait for us a little

then we’ll take a walk
And sit under a Martian tree

you’ll read a few poems aloud
While I play my song on the mouth harp

maybe that will attract
Something like a curious Martian crow

::: ::: :::

[Picture: The Wave spaceship by reading_is_dangerous]

To see a picture of the tree-like structures on Mars, follow this link.

1 comment:

  1. nice story ,learning to play a primitive intrument and remembering a song played by an old women so long ago,why do you have to travel so far to read poems and play a wind intrument where there are no air so no sound will come out and no martian crows will be fortcoming.I wonder if there are people on other planets, would welcome us if they khow what we have already done to our own planet.

    ReplyDelete