Thursday, July 12

MR. OTEH AND STRINGHETTA


Mr. Oteh gave the girl in the life-jacket a hostile glare
“What?” she asked. Her name was Stringhetta

“this is the outback, my dear.” Mr. Oteh said
“We are far from the coast. There are no lake or any body of water
That would require you to wear that life-jacket
Which is mine, by the way, and
Quite precious to my heart.”

“I found it behind the old fender,” Stringhetta said
“It’s sexy. I want to wear it a little bit, that, and nothing else.”

she was otherwise naked
“Then I’ll put you away, to a mental hospital.” Mr. Oteh said

“then I’ll really need your life-jacket.” she said. “To
Float when I’ve fallen into the waters of madness, until
You come back to rescue me.”

Mr. Oteh left for the afternoon

when he came back, Stringhetta told him:
“Every year that passes adds a pane of glass to the window of my heart. I
Can still feel a few emotions, but the picture is not as vivid as it used to be.”

“did you watch CNN again?” Mr. Oteh asked her. “I told you not to.”
“I see an end.” Stringhetta said with a smile

Mr. Oteh took her favorite chair out of the house
“WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO WITH THAT CHAIR?” the woman asked
She was yelling

“I WILL BURN IT!” Mr. Oteh said
He was shouting

so he did it. He burned the chair
Stringhetta threw the life-jacket onto the flames, and it burned, too
Despite being made of supposedly non-flammable material

::: ::: :::

[Picture: The ear of a chair by reading_is_dangerous] (July 12, 2007)

No comments:

Post a Comment