Monday, July 9

LAST SUNDAY BY THE LAKE


last Sunday, by the lake
I was thinking. . .

if the fate of Humanity compares to that of
A single human being
Then how old that one being is now?

will it die because of this or that
Because of old age
Or the heart

then
Lo!
The waters of the lake stood up like one man

the lakaman asked me:
“Would you rather know where you
Come from, or where you are going to?”

“a long time ago,” I said, “I decided I would rather know
Where I come from.
Since then, I almost forgot about it.”

“very wise.” said the lake
Then it asked me for my sword
See, instead of a handgun, people here carry a long knife

“I always wanted to try this trick,” the lake said
Then it proceeded to swallow the sword down to the hilt
While performing a little tap dance

“what about the fish in those waters?” I wondered
What about. . .
The scuba divers?

the lake gave me back my blade
Then it resumed its “being a normal lake” activities or something

::: ::: :::

[Picture: Lake Sevan, near Artanish by reading_is_dangerous] (July 8, 2007)

1 comment: