Saturday, April 21

ODYSSEY


there is a giant stairway in the city. No
joke. Not far from it, there is a barbecue place called Hearth

It used to be one of my favorite places until I almost stopped eating
meat. Meat is good, but it makes me sad

whatever. Next to the barbecue place is a DVD video rental place. “Do
you have 2001: SPACE ODYSSEY? I asked them
--In English?
--Ayo”, I said. That’s Armenian for yes

they made a phone call. Two minutes later, they
told me: “We have a copy of that movie waiting for you at our
other place facing the Opera.” That
was only five minutes away, so I went

Mr. Stanley Kubrick directed that enlightening movie in 1968. He sure made it
beautiful. Everything or almost is beautiful in that movie, including the titles. The
music for the soundtrack is by Johann Strauss II, Richard Strauss, Ligeti, and Armenian composer Aram Khachaturian

Kubrick said he didn’t want to give a final interpretation for the peculiar ending of
his movie. Let the viewer decides what it all means, that was his idea. I agree

::: ::: :::

[Picture: On The Bridge Of Consciousness I Walked My Way, Beyond The Illusions Of Time And Space by reading_is_dangerous]

A long time ago, I saw a documentary film about Ligeti. It was good. I can not remember the composer’s exact words, but he said something about his music being a cut, a cut from a song without a beginning, without an end.

No comments:

Post a Comment