Wednesday, April 4

THE DEAD MAN


yesterday on the way to the airport I
saw a dead man
There was an unusual traffic jam
Then I saw an abandoned shoe on the street
It was an old shoe, a dirty shoe
Yet for some reason it looked as if it just made it there
“Not good” I thought

twenty feet away was the dead man. I saw his open
eyes. Sitting next to the broken body was an old woman crying. . .

“Beggars” said my driver. He repeated that

_

. . .cars were driving by. I thought of asking the driver, that stupid
driver, I thought of asking him to let me out
“Comfort that woman” I told myself
“Close the dead man’s eyes”
“Cover his broken body with your coat”

but I didn’t do any of that. I didn’t do anything

::: ::: :::

[Picture: Dead man, woman crying by reading_is_dangerous]

No comments:

Post a Comment