Friday, November 16

THE LEMON MERINGUE


I could not write a poem tonight, but here is a lemon meringue; please accept it, although I should warn you that it used to be a star, a large ball in outer space that was composed of gases and produced light, and it probably had an electrical charge, you know the astronomers do not usually talk about it, but most of them assume that celestial bodies are electrically neutral, yet they are theories that say otherwise, that the Sun works on electricity, do not laugh, well, you can laugh, yes, because it is funny, but this theory, it could explain such oddities as the temperature at the surface of the sun being higher than the temperature at the center of the star, but if you asked me how they measure those temperatures I would have to take a guess. Maybe they point a thermometer at the sun disk’s edge, then straight at its center, so they can compare the two measures, that is how I would try it at first anyway, by the way, the other day there was a television program about the sun, and every time it was shown, the star, that large ball, the film’s director had added the sound of a raging fire, and I thought that was ridiculous, instead I would have preferred some nice music, maybe El Amor Brujo of Manuel de Falla, in English that music is known as Love, the Magician, it is beautiful and there is a famous excerpt called The ritual fire dance, and I wish I could play it for you on the mouth harp, ha! ha! ha!

I imagined myself in the shape of an intelligent or semi-intelligent, self-conscious or semi-self-conscious gas inside one of any large ball in outer space, you know, and up there I am listening to the whole universe, and I hear Tolstoy when he says, “Stop what you are doing and look at the world,” and I do it, and the result is that I’m not a sun anymore, hmm, that’s when I turn into a lemon meringue on the table right here, see, that’s me, I am a semi-intelligent, semi-self-conscious semi-flat super sweet mixture of the white of eggs and sugar baked until crisp and used e.g. as a covering over sweet pies, and will you eat it/me?

::: ::: :::

[Picture: Recipe by reading_is_dangerous]

1 comment:

  1. please dont mind with ur handwriting. Old indian doctors were writing prescriptions like this and it was meant for healing. So ur poem or lemon meringue will work.
    wishes
    http://bodynmindbalance.blogpost.com

    ReplyDelete