Saturday, November 10

I INHABIT THE LIGHT


“I inhabit the light,” Henri Michaud wrote in his poem, Towards Completeness. It begins with these words I translated from the original in French, for you:

You receive
you receive
you have the delight of receiving
of secretly, endlessly
receiving the Impalpable

BIRTHDAY OF THE UNLIMITED

Another World accepts me
agrees to me
absorbs me
forgives me

Armistice of passions
Layers of light
underground-ly
sovereign-ly

The emanation of existence
the expansion of existence
the promontory, the fury of existence

I stand at the coming of bliss
The instant is more than the being
The being is more than the beings
and all beings are infinite

Mobile time
of many levels
ascending, panoramic

An invisible vehicle carries me away

… (1967)

::: ::: :::

[Picture: Translation by reading_is_dangerous] (this summer)

1 comment:

  1. henri Michaux is one of my favorite poet , it feels kind of weird to read his words in english, like an unusual experiment , experimentation is another word for Michaux ,
    great blog you 've got here , i ll leave a poem of my own some day ...

    ReplyDelete