Thursday, May 31

YOU AND YOU


I thought of a way to exchange thoughts or
positions in our dreams

to exchange words and ideas
and poems and songs and our houses and their doors

and our hopes

I looked for your name in the dictionary
“Ton” that’s the word I found
Tons of this
Tons of that
Tons of joy
Tons of problems maybe

backward it reads NOT
So let’s call her Not
She is Not
She could be my never born twin: Not
She says: “Birds in the field.”

birds in the field
Birds. I hear their song (it actually sounds much like a rumor)
Birds of my imagination

she softly bites her lower lip
“Have you eaten today?” I ask her
“There was a sandwich.” she says

one of Not is a slice of bread
The other one too (there are two Not
because of some strange reason)
In between the two of them, there must be a song

“you know that spaceship of light you wrote about,” she says
“Yes, what about it?” I say
“I found a better way.” she says with a smile. Two smiles

that better way is called: the
Blackscale line

It works like this: Now you are here, then you are not

“no no no no no no no no!” she says
Now you are here. . .
Then you are there. . .

“wait a minute! Let me re-write that.” I say
nowyou arehere
thenyou arethere

nowyouarehere
thenyouarethere
nowyouareherethenyouarethere

“we spoke about this before,” I say
“Yes, what was it?” she says
“The snowball words.” I say

to speak or to be throwing snowballs
to sing or to be shooting water with a canon
“and when you remain silent?”

there is a yogurt soup for you and me
A wooden house, a new radio playing this melody:
La la la la la la la la la la
spacetime is but a song

there is a whale whistling in the woods
A nightingale visits the sea
And you and you and you and you and Not

::: ::: :::

[Picture: Not and not by reading_is_dangerous]

No comments:

Post a Comment