Monday, April 14

THE HAND OF THE SKY


an old man
an old voice
reading from the Bible in Russian
over the radio

I would turn it off if I didn't know
that music will soon be playing again
earlier they played something pretty
by Tomaso Albinoni

some people enjoy both the music and the readings
not me
although the readings do not bother me
as much as the commercial adds on other radios

in Paris, it was driving me mad
hearing all what they were saying
this product, that service
information mixed with jokes & sound effects

back here, in Yerevan
the cars, trucks, buses
half of them have old soviet-made engines
very noisy

hand of the sky
hand of the sky comes down on me
white fingers on the roof tops
sun rays in the noisy day

here I am, back to my studies of the Russian language
but I should be reading:
Refugee Health:
An approach to emergency situations


hand of the sky plays with dust
hand of the sky does not mind the noise
hand of the sky, if it were writing
what words would it give us?

::: ::: :::

Picture: Jokes & sound effects

1 comment:

  1. SOOOOO good to hear your news! You're going to the Congo?? You will do well there, so much to describe for us. Personally, I never heard an adagio I didn't like. I like hearing about your world, prosaic or poetic. Take care of yourself. Follow the yellow brick road. Love, aj

    ReplyDelete