Saturday, August 11

THE 'FIVE MINUTES' POEM

Stringhetta walked into the room where Mr. Oteh was
Painting. “I wrote a bunch of ‘five minutes’ poems for you.” she said

“Read.” he said
“One of them.” she said


AROUND

around you
Around what was of you
Around what was around of you

around the two of us, but
That was a long time ago

far, far from here
Here, today

I saw you, but
You didn’t see me

that was earlier, before you
Went to sleep

around you
around your hopes
around what is left of me, in you

how many poems are there that deal with what’s inside
In...
In your eyes
In your thoughts
In your heart
In your dreams
In your hands
In your nights
In you

now what about: What’s
around, around
you?



“yes, what is around?” Mr. Oteh said
“What’s this?” Stringhetta asked, looking at the painting

“A ‘five minutes’ painting.
It reminds me of that awful rice that was ready in five minutes
Thank you, you are so kind
Ha! ha! ha! Are we tired?
A little bit
Is it because of those flying red fish?
Maybe
And who is that?
Another part of me
There are so many of you.”

::: ::: :::

[Picture: A
Five Minutes Painting by reading_is_dangerous]

No comments:

Post a Comment