Saturday, November 24

THE USEFUL POEM


a poem as useful as a chair
like a fork
like a warm jacket
like tea when you need it

a poem like your heart
beating
beating

your blood is going up
your blood is going down

a poem as useful as the next body in your arms
like a crow that tells you what time it is
like a crow that reminds you of November
like a jam session when you need its freedom

I will miss you
I will sing for you in my dreams
I will cross imaginary rivers in hope of finding you

a useful poem one day
a useful poem I would write, but

the useful poem is a dangerous thing

::: ::: :::

[Picture: The kiss by reading_is_dangerous]

2 comments:

  1. none is usefull
    full is now
    even with how and owl

    ReplyDelete
  2. i looked for you
    found you in my dreams

    it was not a surprise
    that while in Waipio Valley
    (not dream)
    the the centipede on my wrist
    appeared somewhere else

    i have taken it to the silver
    smith who will make it into
    a bracelet
    it is several inches long

    a dangerous and powerful thing

    ReplyDelete