Saturday, November 17

THERE IS STILL HOPE


there is less and less of me left,
but there is still hope--
in every curve of every letter there is hope.

I knew a man who made a list of his favorite,
most useful 2600 words,
then gave each word a letter and a number such as
B89 or L32 or W0
and after he memorized his whole new coding system
he began writing strange poetry.

another man I know,
an enthusiastic molecular biologist,
he cloned the gene that makes a hot pepper hot
and inserted it in a tomato

he’s now working on the same,
for the chicken,
the wings

preliminary tests went wrong,
he said,
“the poor chickens’ eyes,
and their insides too: it was awful, ” but he remains hopeful.

now I have an idea of my own,
something like the opposite of the Blackwater mercenaries: Old fashion cops

my company will provide your city with experienced officers
equipped with a good looking uniform and shoes,
a stick,
a flashlight,
a walkie-talkie,
a smile,
and good judgment. Nothing else,
and they’ll go on night walks too.

::: ::: :::

[Picture: Organic hope by reading_is_dangerous]

No comments:

Post a Comment