Wednesday, January 24

SHAPE


I sat in front of a TV set before I could sit on a yellow bus to go to school
where I would sit on a hard wooden chair until I’d be back home
to sit and play video games
to sit and have dinner
to sit and do my home work before I’d go to bed, and dream that I
was running late for an exam

I sat at home
I sat in church
I sat at work
I sat ten hours every day, and sometimes longer

I sat on trains
I sat on cars
I sat on planes, on boats, on bikes
I must have even sat on people

today I sit to surf
I sit to read frightening stories
I sit to look at pics
I sit to chat
I sit to blog

I sit to drink

I sit hoping that I won’t make it to that painful moment: unable to stand up, sitting and
waiting until it’s over

when I’m done sitting through my life
when comes the time to rest from all that sitting
I wonder how they will un-
sit me

…said famous Esfodi adviser Xu de Sed’h: “To bend
the will of Man, bend the man.”

::: ::: :::

[Picture: Chairs are evil by reading_is_dangerous]

(rotate 90° CW to see a crawling human shape)

No comments:

Post a Comment