Friday, August 8

RECIPROCAL LOVE




he returned from the lake
with nothing much to say about it
except that he forgot to spread sun screen
on that most fragile of skin:
Behind the knees

consequently he suffered some mild burns
wasted one night’s worth of sleep
too bad
he read a novel by Umberto Eco
BAUDOLINO a fun story

next day another mistake
climbed a hill wearing flip-flops instead of shoes
the right one soon broke apart
forcing me to come down barefoot
thorns, rocks, tiny seeds with spikes
I was watching out for snakes

swimming was perfect
my back against the cold waters of Sevan
I was pondering on the possibility
of reciprocal love between a man
and a lake


::: ::: :::

Picture: Hill overlooking Sevan

Poem significantly edited on August 26, 2012

3 comments:

  1. I was swimming in a pool & I thought, "You make the place where you are better." You do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Proper protection -- sunscreen, footwear -- so essential to comfort and safety. Take good care of my friend RID, the teapot. :)

    Sunscreen -- I should have used it more as a child, but who knew back then? I've had 3 surgeries this month for skin cancer. I have a large bandaged sewn right onto my nose (very attractive!), plus six stitches in my cheek and 20 more on my shoulder. Must have been spending too much time in the sky, riding on stars near the singing sun.

    Reciprocal love. Why not with a lake, or a tree or a town? Nice thought, and I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thinking about you doing something crazy
    makes me think of those times
    when i also did some things
    crazy

    i never regretted those times

    ReplyDelete