Friday, March 14

THE GOD HUNTER


He was hunting gods.

To catch a deity, he only needed to imagine it well enough. When his imagination worked well he could catch a god or two every day. Any captured god he would turn into a seed, or a fruit, or a plant—the choice was made in proportion to the energy level of the captive. The god hunter was never wrong about this.

The god that stood one hundred feet outside of the universe and “your eye was its mouth and your mouth was its eye” was turned into a fruit (a banana).

The god that was to you what you are to your table was turned into a flower (a carnation). About this god: Have you ever asked yourself if your table was “happy” or “what is good for my table?” I suppose so: Yes, in a way. That god had similar thoughts about you. A god such as that one would consider you as an object as opposed to a creature.

Yesterday the god hunter caught one prey that “knew” everything about the world—our past, our present, and our future—this was the divinity of All Is Only One Thing; however that god had spread it all (just like music or some other thing) for its own “viewing” pleasure. That one deity was turned into a sycamore tree.

This morning he caught a little god that was enjoying itself as it sat on the head of a beetle to get a touch of the wonderful sensations felt by the bug as it went smelling the world through its antenna. I have to say this: A lot of gods seem to be mostly interested by their own “pleasure”. Whatever! This little god was turned into an apple seed. Maybe the “victim” enjoyed it?!

Tonight the god hunter caught a god of despair. “The sky is black,” said the deity with a fateful voice. “Perhaps not,” said the god hunter, and he quickly turned his prey into a fragile, starry-eyed, blue flower.

::: ::: :::

[Picture: God Hunting by reading_is_dangerous]

6 comments:

  1. who are we to know the thoughts and feelings of gods, small, demi or giant gods ... and what will do the hunter with the foreign deities who bring magic to this world ?

    I taste your words and smell their colors
    I myself will cry for these human gods
    but after tears I will turn my heart the other way
    and seek the place where no gods reign

    Parfois, un poème, un texte, une oeuvre d'art se lit se ressent s'exprime en nous dans l'instant
    et parfois il s'insinue lentement, prend racine dévoile lentement ses richesses intérieures
    celui ci a chuchoté toute la nuit à mon oreille et depuis, je l'entends qui me précéde quand je marche sur la voie


    Je ne regrette pas d'avoir pris le risque de lire, de te lire

    ReplyDelete
  2. //When his imagination worked well he could catch a god or two every day.

    I imagined a man who fished for gods. I can't imagine what he used for bate...

    http://wallacereid.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you both for your interesting comments.

    //I imagined a man who fished for gods. I can't imagine what he used for bate...//

    perhaps a dragondog?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This poem, which is wonderful & inventive, inspired me. It touches the Sacred, your specialty. I sprouted some alfalfa & other seeds in a sprouting jar, & I am going to eat them chopped up into a fresh salsa to scoop up with a corn tortilla. When I enjoy those sprouts, those grains, I will enjoy the wonder of how many gods are allowing my blood to sparkle & sing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sure there is somewhere a god of Salads & The Salsa who is joining their thanks to mine for your kind comment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The best bait for fishing God is a human being

    Now, that's for monotheism

    The small gods of polytheism have more trivial tastes - fishermen need different baits for each

    Hausa possession has a good rule of thumb- there are red, white, and black gods, and each type likes animal sacrifices of matching colour... and if you can' get an animal, they will all be content with some perfume, or 'turare'

    ReplyDelete