Friday, June 15

THE RED CHICKEN

there is a train I hear at night
And a dog too

those sounds bring me back to my childhood
There was always a train (heard)
There was always a dog
(heard)
Every night

“where is that train going to?” I was asking myself
Who is traveling at night?
Who is going home?
Who is leaving home?
Who is on a train for the first time?
Who is on the train for the last time?
Who is eating what?
A cookie
A bit of cheese
A sandwich
A chicken sandwich

what was that chicken like?
Red

it was a real red chicken. It had a real red chicken life
That life ended when somebody chopped its head off
The chicken became a chicken sandwich (to be eaten on the train)

I suppose
I suppose I was hungry
Hungry for a red chicken sandwich

“what about that dog?” I was asking myself
What is it barking at?
Why? Why won’t it stop barking?

what kind of dog is it?
Big or small?
Probably medium-sized
Because from the voice of a dog, well, you can tell
Little dogs sleep at night, most of them
Big dogs don’t bark so much
Oh! What do I know?

did that dog had a name or not
Did it ever had a bite of a red chicken sandwich
Did it know
Did it know
There is actually a lot more than just a chicken sandwich in a chicken sandwich
There is a
A
A gorilla

but you can’t see it. . .
It’s an invisible gorilla
(
intangible)

::: ::: :::

[Picture: The Invisible Gorilla by reading_is_dangerous]

1 comment:

  1. AnonymousJune 15, 2007

    J'ai traduit la page,
    je lis
    je m'aventure encore

    ReplyDelete