Friday, October 19

BILL COSBY, DENNIS KUCINICH, LOUIS VITALE, AND STEVE KELLY


I just listened to Bill Cosby on Larry King Live,
it was the first time I saw him since the times of his show,
how long ago that was, I don’t know.

years go by,
I don’t watch much television,
but I feel lucky I turned on the TV today,
because Cosby spoke good words,
words of wisdom,
words of truth,
his truth,
I mean, nobody really knows what the truth is on anything,
but at least one should always try and say what seems true to them,
and one should always speak their truth on TV especially,
and that’s what made such a strong impression on me,
that I heard a man speak from his heart,
using his brain,
with the knowledge of some interesting statistics,
unafraid,
committed,
kind,
without being too much emotional about it.

indeed, I found Cosby to be very rational,
deep,
inspired,
serious.

he spoke about the beauty of Mathematics,
that we should tell the children about it,
that when their eyes open to the beauty of science,
their world will become a better place.

I can’t quote him exactly,
because I have bad memory for words,
ha! ha! isn’t that funny,
but the ideas,
I could catch his ideas very well,
Cosby is telling the people to talk to each other,
to build or to rebuild their community,
and to fight together against the evil that plagues them,
whether it is (it was) the Ku Klux Klan or the crack dealers,
and that no one should wait for the government to bring them money
to be the solution for this or that problem

people should talk,
share their thoughts, their ideas, their experience,
so they have a chance to find a solution.

in a way, the Internet can be a great tool for that,
but my feeling was that Cosby meant that people should meet,
and discuss the issues important to them,
and build trust,
a community of people who can trust each other.

when he was asked about politics, about the Black candidate, one Obama,
it was obvious that Cosby didn’t care about skin color,
not in that context anyway.

“there is one guy I love in Ohio,” Cosby said,
and he forced Larry King to say the name: Kucinich,
but when Cosby wanted to talk about all the important things Kucinich is saying,
Larry King cut him, and said,
“We’ll have a break,”
but there had just been a break,
and you know what I mean.

afterwards, King asked Cosby what he thought was the impact
of the crimes of a few well-known Black men,
their impact on the image of the Black community in the medias.
Who cares? was, in essence, Cosby’s answer.
He should know;
he could have said more,
maybe better,
because over the years, Mr. Cosby has had a few lawsuits against him,
but in my opinion,
that
s besides the point.

he asked,
Why don’t the medias spend more time telling us about the crimes of
those who poison our food, who poison the land,
who waste our savings or ruin the lives of millions of people?

since I’m writing about what’s going on, on TV,
I might as well add a few words about this famous Russian talk show,
it’s called The Cultural Revolution,
and yesterday they had this question,
“Does knowledge (being informed) makes one sad?”
with the idea that maybe we shouldn’t know too much about what’s
happening.
The guests spoke one hour about it,
but in the end,
the host, Michael Shvydkoy,
he said something like this,
“Knowledge won’t make you more sad,
although it might disturb your sleep,
but why should you sleep well all the time?”

by the way,
what’s the difference between
knowledge
and information?

::: ::: :::

[Picture : People by reading_is_dangerous]

It should be interesting to read, Come On People: On the Path from Victims to Victors, published this year by B. Cosby and A.F. Poussaint (who was also on Larry King Live).

I just read: “Louis Vitale, 75, a Franciscan priest, and Steve Kelly, 58, a Jesuit priest, were each sentenced to five months in federal prison for attempting to deliver a letter opposing the teaching of torture at Fort Huachuca in Arizona.”

No comments:

Post a Comment